What is "renovation coaching"?
We have all heard the horror stories from people we know about their terrible remodel experience. From a bad contractor to poor craftsmanship and especially being over budget, the fact remains that the construction industry has a large disconnect between client expectations, budget and skill set. Not to mention where do you start?! As a renovation coach we consult you, the homeowner, through the process of a renovation.
How does that work?
- Initial Consult / Project Assessment - Is renovating necessary? Can we move this wall? Can the sink go over there? Etc.
- Develop Project Scope
- Budget - What is your budget for the project?
- Material Selection and Specification - The fun part of choosing the materials and finishes for the project.
- Send project out for Bid
- Contractor Selection
- Eyes and Ears - We speak the talk of the contractors, heck we used to be one. Think of us as your liaison to the contractors as well as your unbiased quality control advisor.
- Mediation - If you're caught up in a mess, I can help unravel it.
This process is an a la carte list of services. We can help you get started, jump in during the middle of the process or bring your renovation from start to finish. We love helping you through this process and helping your home to it's full potential.
What do you know, Joe?!
I have worked in the construction industry my entire career and it's in my blood.
- Grunt Laborer
- Project Manager for high end custom homes - Gordian's Knot LLC
- Minnesota General Contractor - Constructed Matter, INC. (Until Nov. '15)
- Fix and Flip Investor / Property Development (Current)
What does it cost?
We have Consultation Packages starting at $300. These packages are typically a one hour in home meeting discussing the project, finishes, troubleshooting, and budget. This can also, be done remotely via an online meeting or Facetime! Click the Renovation Coaching Questionnaire button below to fill out our form to get started.